Rock Art Trail
The experience is currently unavailable but is expected to return in June 2023. Follow @AlUlaMoments on Social to be the first one to know when this experience is back.Book Now
If you could leave a message for future generations and civilisations to see, what would you say?
The Rock Art Trail will walk you through carvings and inscriptions that were left thousands of years ago by travellers, pilgrims and residents alike. Be enthralled by your Rawi (guide) as he weaves tales of travel, trade, offerings and warnings that now act as an open-air library of preserved languages spoken long ago. Learn how these people lived and the legacies that they left behind.
Interpretative signage and a touch and feel table will help bring the stories to life. The 1500 m track takes walkers on an elevated loop providing stunning views of Hegra. Visitors can choose daytime or evening for their rock art tour, the atmospheric evening tour includes torches for visitors to search for hidden details in the inscriptions.
- Duration: approximately 60- 90 minutes
- Children below 12 are not permitted
- Medium fitness level required
- Meeting point at Winter Park southern entrance - See location on Google
- We recommend you dress in comfortable hiking attire from clothes to boots/closed-toed walking shoes.
- Arrive at the Winter Park - if driving park your car free of charge at the designated area near the entrance - our staff will guide you to the meeting point to join the shuttle bus to Hegra heritage site.
- Parking is not permitted at any of the heritage sites.
- Please arrive 40 minutes before your tour start time to allow time for transportation.
- Book tickets in advance and have your printed copy or e-ticket ready when you arrive at check-in.
- Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.
- Hegra is open expanse and exposed to the elements, we encourage you to take responsibility for your health and safety and stay hydrated.
- Late arrival for your booked time may result in being denied entry.
- We recommend you dress in comfortable hiking attire from clothes to boots.
- Trail requires physical fitness.
- Hiking clothes and boots will not be provided.
- Children below 12 are not allowed.
Plan Your Trip To AlUla
Flying to AlUlaLearn More
What to DoLearn More
Where to EatLearn More
Where to StayLearn More