Dadan & Jabal Ikmah Tour
Please note: Activities and products marked with a * below are being developed and will be phased in by end of December 2020 They may not be available at the time of your visit.
We are working hard to protect the heritage sites from any accidental or unintended damage in order to preserve them for future generations, this tour does not include entry to the any of the tombs and you can only visit and see them from outside.
Please book online or at the visitor centre at Winter Park before visiting Dadan & Jabal Ikmah to avoid disappointment.
Your Journey starts at the Winter Park. - if driving park your car free of charge at the designated area near the entrance - our staff will guide you to the meeting point to join the shuttle bus ride to Dadan & Jabal Ikmah heritage sites. Please arrive 25 minutes prior to your tour start time to allow time for transportation.
Explore the ruins of the ancient Kingdom of Dadan, one of the most developed 1st millennium BCE cities in the Arabian Peninsula. Head to the east of the city to see more than a dozen tombs cut into the red-rock cliff faces, including the famous Lion Tombs marked by seated lion sculptures.
Archaeologists continue to discover exciting information about Dadan – it’s still a live excavation site. You can find out more about it by taking part in the * hands-on workshop, Archaeology for Everyone (40 minutes), which is a great family activity. You’ll be given your very own archaeology kit and you can use the tools to dig for artefacts in the dedicated area on the north side of Dadan.
You can move on to Jabal Ikmah to examine the hundreds of inscriptions and writings on the cliffs and rock faces that date mainly to the Dadanite and Lihyanite periods.
Dadan and Jabal Ikmah
- Dadan and Jabak Ikmah Tour starting point is at the Winter Park, dedicated buses are available to transfer you to both sites. transfers are included in your ticket price.
- Parking is not permited at any of the heritage sites.
- At the ancient city of Dadan, the capital city of the Dadanite and Liyhanite Kingdoms and one of the most developed cities in the 1st millennia BCE, visitors will get the chance to become an archaeologist for the day.
- We are working hard to protect the heritage sites from any accidental or unintended damage in order to preserve them for future generations, this tour does not include entry to the any of the tombs and you can only visit and see them from outside.
- Archaeologists began extensive excavations at Dadan in February 2020 to explore this relatively unknown period in AlUa’s 200,000 years of human history.
- Visitors will have the opportunity to tour the extensive site and tour between dadan and Jabal Ikamh in a bus.
- Duration is approximately 1 hour. Daily from 9am-4pm. (Last entry is the 3pm ).
- Arrive at the Winter Park - if driving park your car free of charge at the designated area near the entrance - our staff will guide you to the meeting point to join the shuttle bus to both Dadan and Jabal Ikmah heritage sites.
- Book tickets in advance and have your printed copy or e-ticket ready when you arrive to check in.
- Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.
- The heritage sites are exposed to the elements, we encourge you to take responsibility of your health and saftely and stay hydrated.
Coming soon at Dadan & Jabal Ikmah
- A family-friendly 40-minute ‘Archaeology for Everyone’ workshop will have kids digging for artefacts to get in on the action.
- There will also be live immersion shows and audio tours.
- Camel tours of key tombs.
- Tour the site and between sites in Vitage Jeep.
- Night-time experiences including light shows and night-time markets.
Dining & shopping
Refunding & rebooking policies
Destination Management Company (DMC) Bookings: Cancellation policies will depend on the DMC’s contract. If you booked your experience through a DMC, please coordinate with them on policies, changes and updates.
Book Tours and Experiences
Hegra UNESCO World Heritage Site 2 Hour Tour
Visit Hegra, Saudi Arabia’s first UNESCO World Heritage Site, and the largest preserved site of the Nabataean civilisation south of Petra.
Dadan & Jabal Ikmah 2 Hour Tour
Start your journey through time at Dadan the ancient Kingdom of the Lihyanite and Dadanite civilisations. Next take a 10-minute drive to Jabal Ikmah situated in a stunning desert canyon.
The Adventure Trail 3 - 4 hour guided hike
Lace up your hiking-shoes and hit the mountains for a half day journey led by an expert guide through the rocky terrain.
Stargazing 4 Hours Experience
AlUla is a fantastic place for stargazing. At AlGharameel, you can enjoy a traditional bedouin set-up, with an expert guide on hand to tell you about the stars and constellations, and how they relate to AlUla’s culture and history.
Cycling Trail 2 Hours Experience
Follow the pack leader on a leisurely bike ride crossing through the sand dunes and surrounded by AlUla’s unique landscapes
Exhale Yoga Sessions Yoga
Lets enjoy the beauty of AlUla and "BREATHE IN" the abundance of nature together.